|Free People "Fools Gold" wrap sandal, $89.|
I know not every one was blessed to have nice and sexy feet but that's not an excuse not to take care of them. Don't you dare give up on taking care of your feet because nice shoes will never compensate for ugly looking feet. Here's how you can take care of them so that you'll be ready to wear those gorgeous sandals that's been sleeping in your closet for quite some time now.
1. Of course, it all starts with wearing the perfect fitting shoes. Shoes that doesn't fit right will cause your feet blisters and corns, not to mention the excruciating pain during and after wearing the shoes.
2. Soak your feet in foot bath with essential oil for at least fifteen minutes to loosen dead skin. Do this at least once a week.
3. Give your feet a good scrub to remove dead skin after soaking it in foot bath. A pumice stone works wonders so invest in a good one.
4. Give your feet a rest. Immediately remove your shoes, and socks if you are wearing one, as soon as you get home. It's also a good habit to shift heel height to relax your feet and prevent hammer toes and even fractures.
5. Don't let nail polish stay longer than two weeks on your nails. Nail polish have chemicals that can cause brittleness and discoloration.
6. Always maintain a suitable nail length. If your toe nails are too long and you often wear closed shoes, you are more prone to ingrown nails.
7. Just like any other part of your body, your feet needs moisture so invest in a good cream to make you feet just like a baby's.
8. This may sound weird, but purified water is better than tap water in washing your feet because it prevents the heels from cracking and drying.