Thursday, August 12, 2010

Splurge, Save, Steal: Utilitarian Booties

Utilitarianism is in.  What is great about this trend if that it adds a subtle manly appeal to an ensemble.  It reminds me of the time when Elizabeth Smith Miller wore pants--the first woman to wear it.  In my previous entry, I mentioned that I love boots and booties.  I wear them even during summer--no, not the knee-high ones, I am still in my sanity.  But, why not?  I remember Levi's ad in the Philippines that said:  Which is better, a bikini in winter or a denim jacket in summer?  Jacket in summer!  So guys, welcome to another edition of the Splurge, Save and Steal: 

SPLURGE

Alexander McQueen 'Biker Jacket' zip bootie, $1,115 at Neiman Marcus.  You can unbutton its "collar" to make it into ankle boots.  Totally utilitarian.


SAVE
 Fendi 'Gothic Romans' suede lace-up boots, $860 at Net-A-Porter.


STEAL
 Christian Louboutin 'Mamanouk 120' suede booties, $454.26 previously $948.52 at My Theresa.  This is currently sold out but you can add it on your wait list.  If you could not wait though, here is another option:



Stuart Weitzman snake-embossed leather peep toe bootie, $395 at Neiman Marcus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...